Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Best Suprise of My Life!!!

Anyone who has talked to me lately knows how much I have been dreading the starting of school.  My baby is entering first grade. And besides my baby going to first grade we just moved, my husband is still working his old job, and I don't know anybody yet. Hello ummm yes Lonely that's me. I have dreaded the first day of sending the kids off on the bus and coming home to an empty house. I have always thought first grade hurts so much more than kindergarten, and it's my baby. They leave you and don't come back all day.

Yesterday was the first day of school so like a good mom I got up early to make pancakes. You can't start the first day of school on cold cereal that's reserved for the third day when getting up early isn't as fun.  I woke the kids up and then headed down stairs to start on the pancakes. As I walked into the kitchen/great room it was dark, but someone was on the couch. "Logan, how did you get down here?"  And then the head turned and I saw it was my amazing husband!!!! I was flabbergasted. Through the tears I blubbered, "how did you get here, are you really here?"  Monte had driven all through the night to see the kids off on their first day of school. What a surprise, definitely the best of my life.  All the sudden the day looked fabulous, not lonely at all. Hurry kids we got to get you on that bus!!!

My kids were so excited to see their dad! It was just the boost they needed to start a new school.


 Abbie is starting 7th grade. She is getting old way to fast. When did she get so grown up?

Logan the ever cool dude is starting 4th grade and going by the name Max at school.  When we went to meet his teacher we found out their was another Logan in the class, but this Logan was a girl.  Logan was mortified and told the teacher he wanted to go by the name Max. His teacher said great and had all his name tags switched to Max for the start of school.

My little buddy Weston is starting the first grade, and way excited to eat lunch at school.

I have to say I think I am the luckiest mom in the whole world. I have been blessed with the most amazing children. I wouldn't change one thing about them. I love my family!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Abbie looks beautiful! I love Logans shirt! Or I mean Max's shirt. HA! I miss all of Weston's random facts that he knows. So happy that Monte was there I was so worried about you. So glad that they all had a fantastic first day of school!