Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pictures for Rachel

My sweet sister Rachel has requested some picture about what the area looks like, and where we live so here ya go Rach:

 I took this standing on my front porch. We live off a dirt road and are the only people on this street.

 This  was taken looking out my kitchen window. The pictures not that great because it was taken through a window put you get the idea. We pretty much live in the middle of a forest.

 This is our backyard. We do have neighbors! There are 3 townhouses on the street behind us and one town house on the street perpendicular to our street. I laughed with Monte and my parents because houses are just randomly thrown in every which way and then a gravel road is made to go to the house. Lets just say Brigham Young did not plan this area of the world.

I took this standing in our church parking lot. I just think it is so beautiful.  Most of the area looks like this. Gently rolling hills, farm land, open fields, and then ponderosa pines everywhere else. Although we live out a way it takes only five minutes to get downtown, and I have three different highways to choose from. I'm so glad we live out a bit and not in the heart of the city. This is way more my style. I feel like I'm living at the cabin, and what could be better than that? Nothing.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Oh Heather i love it. I miss the pines so much! and i love the comment about Brigham Young not planning that area- ha! welcome to the whole east coast. Nothing makes sense out here. Thank you for putting up pictures! I now can put something in mind when I'm talking to you. And just for the record, I love that you live off a dirt road- it just sounds country :)

Monte said...

Awesome! ;)

Heidi said...

So pretty. I love it. How fun that you went to the lake! Monte was talking tonight about how the boys have grown so much closer together through this whole move. That is great. I can't wait to come and see it sometime. Love and miss you!

Amy said...

Wow! Amazing!!!