Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Favorite Children's Author

Mo Willems!

The kids and I love Mo Willems books. We have read almost all of them through our library and I love them. I want to own all of them. I get excited to read his books to my kids.


The pigeon series is hilarious. Weston and I read this book over and over. We laugh about it and quote from it frequently.


Elephant and Piggie are Weston's favorites. This series is awesome for beginner readers. These are the books that really captured Weston's interest in reading. He would be so excited to read them that he would start reading them by himself.  Even though they are to easy for him now he still loves to check them out at the library and re-read them. I always have to limit him to 2 Elephant and Piggie books and then he has to choose some harder ones. 

Knuffle Bunny series is so cool because the background pictures are real photographs of New York City. The characters are drawn into the real photographs.  The story line is great too.

So if you are wondering what to get the kiddos or yourself next time at the library I would recommend anything by Mo Willems. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad I read this today. We're planning a library trip this afternoon and Ethan is starting to read so it will be fun to find books for him. I'm excited to look at these. I had never even heard of Mo. Thanks for sharing!

Hallway Express said...

Ashlynn has a couple of his books and loves them. Thanks for the recommendations as xmas is in the air!