Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

This weekend My wonderful Husband built me a square foot garden. I am so excited to try my hand at this type of gardening. I'm not a great weed puller so this is going to be wonderful for me. I still have to put all the wood slats across the top to make 12x12 squares but it's raining, oh and raining some more. I also planted some lavender bushes behind so it smells wonderful in my back yard. A great website to learn about square foot gardening is mysquarefootgarden.net.







And we also have a starlings bird nest in our backyard. It made a home inside our grill this early spring. We have loved watching the birds build their nest and lay their eggs, they lay one egg each morning. We are excited to see how many eggs in total. This morning there was a fifth egg. My kids are loving this, and who needs a grill when it's raining outside?






2 comments:

mandbrid said...

I love the Square Foot Garden....as soon as we're owners instead of renters we're going to make one. You'll have to do updates on how yours turns out.

At Home! said...

I am so excited to learn more about this! Grandma was telling me about how you did this. This is the way to garden! Thank you for sharing. ;)